A unique ultra safe sleeping system with two special Purflo sleepsacs or a spare sleep surface or 2 Pur flo fitted sheets
RRP £188.99 Our price £129.00
- Lightweight frame
- PurFlo cot-bed mattress cover
- Two PurFlo sleepsacs - you choose either 0-6 months or 6-18 months or a spare sleep surface or 2 purflo fitted sheets.
- The PurFlo cot-bed mattress uses the very latest technology to ensure you have total peace of mind when it comes to your baby's sleep.
- Its unique foam-free design provides a genuine dust-mite free environment for your little one - helping to prevent the harmful build-up of allergens which are known to aggravate childhood allergies such as asthma and eczema.
- In addition, its soft, air permeable surface can help your baby regulate its temperature while sleeping - great news for those parents who worry about them getting to hot or to cold during the night.
- The PurFlo cot-bed mattress can be machine washed at 60°C
- PurFlo mattresses can be used with our without a sheet
- The mattress is very strong, and can comfortably hold up to 30kg, making it suitable for young children up to the age of six.
- PurFlo sleepsacs are suitable for babies from birth. The PurFlo sleepsac has a 100% cotton outer with its silky soft lining
- The filling used in the sleepsac contains Amicor Pure, an intelligent fibre proven to combat the build-up of bacteria, fungi and allergies,
- PurFlo sleepsacs are made to the highest technical specification available. This, added to its attractive look and exceptionally comfortable feel against your baby, makes it our most advanced cot-bed mattress.
Frequently asked questions
Q: What is the PurFlo cot-bed mattress made from?
A: The PurFlo cot-bed mattress consists of a fully-permeable, fully-washable foam-free mattress fitted over a hollow frame. It is made from polyester, which because it is naturally fire retardant, means it doesn't require any sort of chemical treatment.
Q: How is my baby supported?
A: The best way to describe it is a hammock type effect, however it does give firm support to the head, back and legs.
Q: How does it differ from other anti-allergenic mattresses?
A: All experts say that for a healthy sleeping environment there should be no bacterial growth in the mattress. Many conventional mattresses have all sorts of safeguards in place to prevent bacteria getting to the core - but the PurFlo does not have a core, so it is risk free!
Q: Is it easy to wash the mattress?
A: Yes this is the same as all mattresses with machine washable covers - you just off the cover put it into the washing machine at 60°c
Q: Would you recommend using bedding?
A: You can use the mattress without a sheet but certainly a fitted or flat sheet will make the surface more comfortable. The current advice from the Foundation for the Study of Infant Death Syndrome (FSIDS) is to avoid using loose bedding so a sleepsac is ideal.
Q: Does the PurFlo feel as soft as a conventional mattress?
A: Really this is its only downside, it does not have that 'squidgy kumfy wumfy feel'.
Q: This mattress should score well on breathability against conventional mattresses?
A: Yes. Its hollow surface allows the air to pass freely around the baby at all times, which is ideal for new-borns, where it is particularly important that they don't get too hot or cold. Conventional mattresses remove a lot of the foam insulation by having a sprung core.
Q: Is the PurFlo cot-bed mattress easy to assemble?
A: It takes only a matter of minutes to assemble and is really handy if you are visiting family and the cot they have is the same size.
Q: What happens if something goes wrong with the mattress?
A: A two-year manufacturer's warranty also comes as standard with all PurFlo products. If any problems do arise simply contact a member of the Customer Services team and they will be more than happy to organise for a replacement to be sent to you.
Q: How deep is it, will it fit my cot-bed?
A: The mattress is 15cm deep. All conventional mattresses are 10cm deep to pass the British Standard, so it is advisable that you do not have your cot base set at the top setting. This mattress is best on the middle or lower setting.
Q: What happens to the urine or vomit that might have gone inside the mattress?
A: If there was such an amount of fluid that the nappy, sleepsac or sheet could not cope, then it would drip through the air holes in the cover to the base of the cot. PurFlo mattress owners leave a towel at the base of the cot should this occur! We have researched this and as yet we have not found one example where this has happened.